Effective Bird control products
Bird droppings are corrosive and can cause permanent damage to rooftops, walls and paintwork, and they even bite through metal and concrete given enough time. Birds also get in the way and interfere with business practise, putting employees and the public at danger, for example getting caught in machinery and pecking through electricity cables. They also spread many serious diseases such as Candidiasis and Salmonellosis through contact and spores from droppings. Thankfully, there are many solutions to prevent birds from doing such damage, such as:
• Spikes for birds – Stainless steel and polycarbonate spikes are completely effective at stopping birds from landing and roosting, and can be placed almost anywhere including window ledges, parapets, rooftops, cornices, beams, awnings and masts. They are attractive, discreet, and are not harmful.
• Bird netting – Netting is effective at preventing birds from entering large indoor and covered spaces, such as warehouses, porches, underpasses, gardens and greenhouses.
• Electronic deterrents – Birds can be deterred using threatening audio signals, high frequency ultrasound, lasers and strobe lights.
• Visual deterrents - Scarecrows and animal models are excellent visual deterrents for gardens and crops. Animal models like foxes look appealing and are well suited for country gardens and aesthetic outdoor areas.
• Bird gel – Treating ledges and roofing with bird gel deters and intimidates them from landing, though not as well as bird spikes. Gels are the most discreet deterrent you can use. Bird taste aversions make things that birds would usually peck and eat inedible, which is good for protecting grass and landscaping.