THE first photograph in this week’s trip down Memory Lane is of Chapel Street in Dunfermline in 1983. 

It shows St Andrews Church, which has since been demolished. The area is now the site of the bus station.

Across the road was the Gillespie Memorial Church, and the second photograph shows the Boys’ Brigade Company outside the building in 1952.

The third image is of Chapel Street in 1961 while the last photograph is of another church in Dunfermline, St Margaret’s Parish Church, which was situated across the road from the East Port pub.

This snap was taken in 1972.

More photographs like these can be seen at and also in Dunfermline Carnegie Library & Galleries.