THE NEART NA GAOITHE OFFSHORE WIND FARM (ONSHORE WORKS) COMPULSORY PURCHASE ORDER 2013Notice ID: HD1025519
1.If in Doubt about the effect of this Notice consult the Acquiring Authority or Solicitor.
2 Information on the rights to compensation payable and on any time limits may be obtained from the Acquiring Authority
The Electricity Act 1989 and the Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure) (Scotland)
THE NEART NA GAOITHE OFFSHORE WIND FARM (ONSHORE WORKS) COMPULSORY PURCHASE ORDER 2013
1. Notice was given on Thursday 9 July 2015 that the Scottish Ministers in exercise of powers conferred by paragraph 4 of the First Schedule of the Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure) (Scotland) Act 1947 and all other powers enabling them to do so, confirmed with modifications THE NEART NA GAOITHE OFFSHORE WIND FARM (ONSHORE WORKS) COMPULSORY PURCHASE ORDER 2013 submitted by Neart Na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited (hereinafter referred to as "the acquiring authority"). The modifications made to the Order are as set out in the Scottish Ministers' decision letter dated 26 June 2015 and addressed to Shepherd & Wedderburn LLP (the "decision letter").
2. The Order as confirmed provides for the purchase, for the purposes connected with the carrying on of the activities which the acquiring authority is authorised by its generation licence to carry on in respect of the onshore works associated with the proposed Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm, of rights over the land described in the Schedule hereto.
3. A copy of the Order as confirmed, the decision letter setting out the modifications which apply to the Order, and of the map referred to therein have been deposited at Dunbar Library, Bleachingfield Centre, Dunbar EH42 1DX and may be seen there without payment of fee between the following
9.00am - 7.00pm
10.00am - 5.00pm
9.00am - 5.00pm
9.00am - 7.00pm
9.00am - 5.00pm
10.00am - 1.00pm
4. The Order as confirmed became operative on Thursday 9 July 2015 being the date on which notice of confirmation was first published; and a person aggrieved by the Order had, in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 15 of the First Schedule to the Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure) (Scotland) Act 1947 as extended by section 60 of the Land Compensation (Scotland) Act 1973, by application to the Court of Session within 6 weeks from that date, the opportunity to question its validity on the grounds (i) that the authorisation granted by the Order was not empowered to be granted or (ii) that the applicant's interests had been substantially prejudiced by failure to comply with any statutory requirement relating to the Order. No such application was made.
5. Notice is hereby given that the acquiring authority may acquire the rights over the land to which this notice relates by making a general vesting declaration under section 195 of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997. Such a declaration shall not be executed before the end of the period of two months beginning with the date of the first publication of this notice except with the consent of every occupier of the land affected. The effect of the making of such a declaration is to vest the rights over the land in the acquiring authority at the end of the appropriate period and is more fully explained in Form 8 (statement to be included in Form 4 when a general vesting declaration is to be made) contained in the Compulsory Purchase of Land (Scotland) Regulations 2003. A copy of the said Regulations has also been deposited and may be seen as aforesaid.
6. Persons entitled to claim compensation in respect of any interest in the land are invited to give information with respect their name and address and the land and their interest therein on the prescribed form, a copy of which will be sent by the acquiring authority on application to Neart Na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited, c/o Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP, 1 West Regent Street, Glasgow
Date: 3 May 2018
Signed: David Sweenie, Authorised Signatory of Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited
Land comprised in the Order as confirmed
Area extending to approximately 70,163 square metres or thereby as shown outlined in red and coloured blue and numbered plot "8" on the Order Map which land forms Part and Portion of the subjects registered in the Land Register of Scotland under Title Number ELN18007.