AN OAKLEY man became violent in his former partner's home by smashing property and refusing to leave.

Scott Dingwall also breached orders not to contact the woman or enter her property on various occasions.

The 43-year-old, of Station Road, appeared for sentencing at Dunfermline Sheriff Court last Wednesday.

He previously admitted that on July 12, at an address in Oakley, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner which was likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm in that he repeatedly uttered offensive remarks, repeatedly shouted and swore, threw household items, refused to leave when requested to do so, pulled pictures from the wall and damaged same, acted in an aggressive manner, threw items out of a window and forced his way into the home.

He also admitted to assaulting his former partner on the same day and that he repeatedly seized her by the body, pinned her down, repeatedly forcibly removed a mobile phone from her and pushed a door into her to her injury.

He admitted that being an accused person and having been granted bail on the condition that he did not enter the address of his former partner in Oakley and did not approach or contact his former partner, he did, on various occasions between September 15 and 28, fail without reasonable excuse to comply with the conditions in that he did repeatedly enter his former partner's street and approached and contacted his former partner.

Depute fiscal Jane Rennie said: "On July 12, the accused and the complainer had been having a bit of a disagreement.

"The witness was upset that she was not seeing her child regularly and the accused was winding her up about the situation.

"She then asked him to leave on several occasions but he refused.

"The accused started emptying out stuff around the house; pulling out draws, taking pictures off the walls and smashing items.

"When the witness attempted to call the police, the accused struggled with her and took her mobile from her."

Dingwall eventually gave his former partner her mobile phone back and left the property. She then called the police and gave them directions as to where Dingwall had gone but their attempts to trace him were unsuccessful.

The next day, officers went back to the property to check on the complainer and she told them that she had not seen Dingwall but he had asked her for his belongings.

The former partner seemed nervous when the police asked if Dingwall was there and when they searched the property, they found him hiding in an upstairs bedroom.

On a separate occasion, Dingwall appeared at the complainer's house at about 10.30pm saying he wished to speak to her.

Depute fiscal Jane Rennie added: "She allowed him entry as he appeared to be calm.

"Later, the accused said he wanted to continue to speak to the witness but she told him she no longer wished to chat.

"She said she was going to call the police and so the accused went to the front door and left. She then saw that her keys had been taken."

On September 27, the woman came home from work to find that a letter had been posted through her door with Dingwall's handwriting on it.

The court also heard that Dingwall had written a letter to the police and officers advised him that he had been breaking his bail.

Defence solicitor Ian Beatson said: "The property he damaged was his own but he knows that this does not justify his conduct.

"The relationship has now ended."

Sheriff Alison McKay said: "Your behaviour on July 12 leaves a lot to be desired."

Dingwall was ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid work.