A 20-YEAR-OLD man who broke his pregnant girlfriend’s nose by head-butting her has been told he could be facing a lengthy jail sentence.

Danny Smith was drunk at a house party in Dunfermline when he attacked his partner.

Smith, 20, currently in custody, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court following a catalogue of offending.

Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf said: “He was at a party with his partner who was three months' pregnant at the time.

“He was extremely drunk and she was trying to calm him down. He head-butted her and her nose started to bleed.

“Other party-goers could see the blood coming from her nose, which appeared to be broken.” This was later confirmed when the injury was examined.

Smith, previously of Segal Place, Dunfermline, has admitted a string of offences and also breached a community payback order for a previous violent incident at the town’s bus depot.

On March 22, he was granted bail on condition he was not to drink alcohol and was put on a home curfew. He breached this on June 10 when he was at Golfdrum Street and not within the specified address in Segal Place and he would not provide a specimen of alcohol to police officers.

On June 10, at an address in Golfdrum Street, he assaulted his partner by butting her on the head to her injury.

On March 3, at an address in Almond Road, Dunfermline, he repeatedly shouted, swore, challenged people to fight, punched a window, struck the window with his head, made threats of violence and kicked a door.

On March 9, he breached a bail condition by entering that same address in Almond Road.

On March 18, at the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly shouting and swearing. He also assaulted a police constable by attempting to bite him on the body.

Smith previously avoided a jail sentenced after being involved in a violent incident with staff and police at Dunfermline bus depot. A community payback order was imposed on Smith with 240 hours of unpaid work. That order has now been breached.

At the request of defence solicitor Selina Mackay, Sheriff James MacDonald agreed to delay sentencing until August 1 to see if Smith’s mother’s new address in Wick would be suitable for a restriction of liberty order.

However, Sheriff MacDonald told Smith: “You should be under no illusion. You are in danger of spending a significant period of time in custody.”