A ROSYTH super-gran who raised more than £10,000 for charity since being diagnosed with cancer has died.

Annette Cumming started fundraising for Maggie's after she received devastating news last July that she had terminal cancer.

She lost her battle last Wednesday surrounded by her family at the age of 57 and her funeral service took place at St John's and St Columba's RC Church in Rosyth on Tuesday.

Making her final journey in a horse and carriage, the funeral cortege paused for a short time outside McColls in Rosyth where Annette, who leaves husband Stewart, two children and six grandchildren, had worked before illness forced her to stop.

Daughter Kelly Wilton said fundraising had become the focus for her mum after her diagnosis – and she and family and friends even had to do a bag pack at Morrisons at the weekend after she'd died as her mum already had it organised.

The final fundraising gesture tipped the cash total over the £10,000 mark – the team collected a massive £1,764.28 meaning that a massive £10,500 has been raised in the last 12 months.

"It was a difficult day with both tears and laughter but each and every one of us knew that mum would have expected nothing less from us than to go on on her behalf," said Kelly. "We stood there with admiration and pride for her that day and we know she was with us in some way.

"We were so proud of her. She didn't do it for recognition – it was second nature for her to do it. That last time I put her in the paper, she was going to murder me.

"We are just in admiration of how she had gone on.

"It will be no surprise to anyone that her retiring collection will be for Maggie's. We were posting her funeral arrangements (on Facebook) and we managed to do it with a donate thing. She is still managing to do it!"

As reported by the Press back in May, Annette and her family's world was rocked when she received the shock diagnosis after suffering no symptoms.

Her fundraising included hosting three 'Gig with a wig' concerts at her home.

At the time, Kelly admitted that the May event would be the last one for her mum, who she described as "a warrior", as she was getting tired as the cancer took its toll on her body.

"She was amazing," she added. "She was poorly the couple of days prior to her death but by no means did we think she was going to die. The end was so quick and sudden for us all.

"We got a horse and kart, she is going out in style. She deserves every bit of recognition."