A SAILOR was violently attacked by a woman he had met on a night out in Dunfermline.

The man was knocked to the ground and kicked by Nicole Rogers.

Rogers, 24, whose address was given as no fixed abode, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court and admitted three charges.

On September 16 at Segal Place, Dunfermline, she assaulted a man by lunging towards him, seizing him by the neck, attempting to bite him, repeatedly struck him on the head and body, caused him to fall to ground, placed her legs around his head and neck then kicked him on the body, all to his injury.

She then assaulted a female police officer by striking her on the head to her injury and spitting at her.

Rogers also admitted a charge of assaulting a second police officer by kicking him on the body and repeatedly kicking him on the head to his injury.

Depute fiscal Dev Kapadia said: “The victim is employed by the Royal Navy and was based at Rosyth Dockyard at the time.

“On this occasion he was in Dunfermline town centre for a night out. He walking alone in a street in the early hours when he met the accused. He had seen her in one of the nightclubs earlier. They began walking together.

“When they got to Segal Place, they were having a conversation when she suddenly attacked the complainer for no apparent reason.

“The security guard at Segal House began to film the incident on his phone.

“The victim then went to Segal House to try to get assistance. He and the accused were pressed against the door there.”

The security guard then heard a scream and when he looked the male and female were on the ground, added the depute.

He was trying to break free and she was kicking him.

The police were called and found the man with injuries to his head and neck as well as blood on his jeans.

When Rogers was arrested, she began struggling with police, kicking one of the officers repeatedly, resulting in a cut to his hand.

Another officer sustained a cut chin and Rogers also spat at a female officer.

Sentencing had previously been deferred for a psychiatric report.

Sheriff Alastair Brown decided to defer further for a psychological report saying: “I think she needs help.”

Rogers will now be sentenced on December 18.