Pars 5 Partick Thistle 1

Ace striker Kevin Nisbet smashed in four goals as Dunfermline hammered the luckless 10 men of Partick Thistle.

The hitman told the Press midweek that he was fully focused on his job at the Pars, after speculation linking him with Rangers, and he certainly lived up to his promise.

Two penalties and a red card always help too.

But if you’re going to get over the Blues, and the memory of that shocking Scottish Cup exit at Stranraer, then thumping in four goals inside half an hour is a pretty good way of getting the fans back onside.

Dunfermline were at it from the start but were no doubt helped by a red card for Thistle captain Tam O’Hare after three minutes, the team at the bottom of the league doubly punished by the award of a penalty for Pars too.

Greg Kiltie had escaped down the right flank and advanced into the box when the Jags skipper stupidly shoved him to the ground just as he was about to pull the trigger.

Ref Mike Roncone flourished the card and Nisbet confidently despatched the spot kick low to the keeper’s left for the opening goal.

Joe Cardle’s return to East End Park didn’t go to plan as he was subbed in the sixth minute for defender Sean McGinty as Thistle tried to reorganise their rearguard.

It didn’t work as they conceded again in the 10th minute, Kiltie popping up on the left this time and sending Lewis Martin racing into the box, with the full back squeezing the ball between the near post and keeper James Sneddon for his first goal of the season.

Nisbet was then fouled in the box by a challenge from Reece Cole and dusted himself down to fire his 22nd minute penalty to Sneddon’s right this time, with the same result as he found the net.

He saved the best until the 31st minute, chesting down a clearance on the edge of the Thistle box and sending a fine half volley across the Jags keeper and into the net.

Dunfermline didn’t let up after the break and Nisbet grabbed his fourth goal of the afternoon in the 49th minute, thanks to the deftest of touches from Tom Beadling.

Ryan Dow sent a high hanging cross to the back post and, as it dropped over his shoulder, the midfielder killed the ball stone dead, turned and teed up Nisbet for an easy tap-in.

Job done, Nisbet earned a rest and a standing ovation as he made way for Gabby McGill before an hour had passed.

Kiltie almost got the goal he deserved, getting the break of the ball in the box after exchanging passes with Dow, but he lifted his shot over the bar from close range.

Martin obviously had the taste for goals now and raced onto Andy Ryan’s pass only to thump an effort on the run over the crossbar.

Thistle gained a crumb of consolation with a stunning free kick from Cole in the 75th minute. From fully 35 yards he arrowed his effort up and over the wall and into the top right hand corner of Cammy Gill’s net.

Andy Ryan tried to add to Dunfermline's tally but his strike from distance sailed high over the bar - this week it barely mattered.