THE first photograph in this week's trip down West Fife's Memory Lane was sent in by Press reader Alexander Birt.

It was taken on Alexander's wedding day on October 14, 1967, outside his flat in Bruce Street. Pictured, from left, are James Angus, Alexander, Betty Birt (nee Fair) and Audrey Stark.

The building in the background was Hay and Robertson's Linen Works on the way up to Castleblair. This part of Bruce Street used to be known as Damside Street and the area can be seen from the air in the next photograph.

Winterthur Silk Mills operated from the building at the top right of the picture from 1932 until its closure in 1970. The street was closed off to accommodate the building of the new Tesco store and this area is where the car park serving the store is today.

More photographs like these can be seen in Dunfermline Carnegie Library and Galleries, where ‘Old Dunfermline' DVDs are on sale in the shop, and also on