TRIBUTES have been paid to a West Fife photographer who died last week on a Stirlingshire mountain.

Graham Harris Graham, from Culross, died after going out on Ben More last Wednesday.

After a search involving mountain rescue teams, search dogs and police and coastguard helicopters, his body was recovered on Thursday morning.

A post on the landscape photographer's Facebook page from his wife, Lora, confirmed Graham had died on a mountain "doing what he loved more than anything in the world".

Since moving to Culross, Graham, who hailed originally from Glasgow, opened his gallery in the Town House in the village where he showcased his work.

A post on the Culross Fife Facebook page paid tribute to the much-loved villager.

It stated: "Not only was Graham an outstandingly-talented photographer, he was a charming, intelligently-witty, generous and kind man.

"He brought pleasure to so many visitors to our village, through his art but also through his generosity of spirit. He always spent time, standing on the steps of his Townhouse gallery, talking to and regaling any passers-by with stories and information about the local area.

"For us who knew him as a neighbour and friend, we are poorer for his loss but richer for the time we got to spend with him. We shall miss him with all our hearts."

Another post on Graham's Facebook page read: "You kept us smiling and laughing and showed us all a deep part of yourself through your art.

"May we all be a little like Graham and love the beauty of this world. The world is a better place because you were in it."

The Killin Mountain Rescue team were able to bring Graham's body back down the mountain and a statement from the organisation said they were "honoured" to return him to his family.

A spokesperson said: "We were called out on the Wednesday evening when Graham was reported overdue on an intended walk up Ben More and Stob Binnien. Killin MRT and Coastguard helicopter carried out a search into the night without success.

"We resumed at daylight with additional Killin MRT members, SARDA search dogs and Lomond MRT supported by the police helicopter and the Coastguard helicopter.

"Graham was found on steep ground on the north side of Ben More by a mountain rescue team sweep search of the area in the afternoon.

"We brought Graham down the hill by stretcher. So sad that we could not bring him back safe to his family.

"Our thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends."