A 42-YEAR-OLD man caused a disturbance and acted aggressively towards ambulance staff who were trying to help him.

Scott Dixon, from Inverkeithing, fell and struck his head after downing a bottle of vodka. He was also abusive towards police, using homophobic and racist language.

Dixon, of Hill Street, Inverkeithing, currently recently living at Oxcars Drive, Dalgety Bay, appeared at Dunfermline Sheriff Court to be sentenced for a string of offences he admitted previously.

On January 4, at his home, he shouted, swore, made threats of violence repeatedly and made threats to harm himself when in possession of a knife.

On July 6, at his home in Hill Street, he repeatedly shouted and swore at his partner, punched a mirror, causing it to break, and brandished a shard of glass threatening to self-harm.

On June 28, at Kirkcaldy rail station, he shouted, swore and made racial and homophobic comments towards police officers.

On the same day at the Victoria Hospital, he assaulted, obstructed or hindered a paramedic, behaved aggressively, kicked at equipment in an ambulance and repeatedly urinated himself deliberately.

Depute fiscal Amy Robertson said the Kirkcaldy incident involved an ambulance being called to the railway station where Dixon had fallen and had a suspected head injury.

Dixon became aggressive, shouting at ambulance staff, and police were contacted.

The court was told he was “foaming at the mouth” and spitting when he was speaking as a result. A spit-hood was put on him.

He called a paramedic a “ginger p****”, said the police were “white supremacist c****” and also shouted about “n******”.

He was taken to the Victoria Hospital where he continued with his disruptive behaviour, struggled with police and kicked ambulance equipment.

Defence solicitor Elaine Buist said her client, a geologist, held strong political views.

“Clearly not about the protection of NHS staff,” said Sheriff Alison Michie.

Ms Buist said her client had mental health and alcohol issues. “He had fallen in Kirkcaldy after drinking a bottle of vodka before visiting his mother in a care home,” she added.

Sheriff Michie deferred sentence until September 28.