A TEENAGE rapist who was sent to prison for six-and-a-half years after raping a 15-year-old girl after she turned up to meet him at Dunfermline Bus Station has lost a bid to have his sentence reduced.

Lawyers acting for Jordan Dunn claimed the jail term was "excessive".

He carried out three rape attacks on two girls and sent sexual communications to a third underage child during a four-month period of offending when he was 18 in 2019.

The judge at his trial, Gillian Wade QC, imposed a total extended sentence of 10 years, including a three-and-a-half-year period when he will be monitored in the community and can be returned to prison if he breaches licence rules.

Lawyers acting for Dunn, now aged 21, appealed against the length of the sentence, maintaining that he required to be sentenced as a young person and the prison term should be reduced.

But Lord Matthews, who heard the appeal with Lady Wise at the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh, rejected the legal challenge.

Lady Wise said: "Having regard to the nature of the offending and the terms of the available reports, an extended sentence was clearly justified and the length of it cannot be impugned."

She said that Dunn continued to deny responsibility for the rapes, which were committed against vulnerable victims.

Dunn, formerly of Sea Road, Methil, had denied the offences during an earlier trial at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The court heard that he raped one 15-year-old girl after she turned up to meet him at Dunfermline bus station wearing her school uniform.

He travelled with her to an address in Lochgelly where he assaulted her.

He asked her to go through to a bedroom at the flat but she made it clear to him she did not want to have sex.

Dunn attacked her as she asked him to stop and said it hurt. The girl found she was bleeding after the attack on her on September 23, 2019.

She continued to have contact with him and returned to the flat a second time and said she again told him she did not want to have sex.

He dragged her into a bedroom and raped her on October 9, 2019.

Dunn had raped another girl previously in an attack at the flat in Union Street, in Lochgelly, on July 9 that year.

She was pushed onto a bed and assaulted after she told him she did not want to have sex.

Dunn, a first offender, admitted a further charge during his trial of having sexualised communications with another 15-year-old between August 1 and September 12, 2019.