A 42-YEAR-OLD Inverkeithing man who caused a disturbance and acted aggressively towards ambulance staff trying to help him has been sentenced.

Scott Dixon was so drunk he fell and struck his head after downing a bottle of vodka.

He became abusive towards ambulance staff and police, using homophobic and racist language.

Dixon, of Hill Street, appeared at Dunfermline Sheriff Court to be sentenced for a string of offences he admitted previously.

On January 4, at his home, he shouted, swore, made threats of violence repeatedly and made threats to harm himself when in possession of a knife.

On July 6, at his home in Hill Street, he shouted and swore repeatedly at his partner, punched a mirror, causing it to break and brandished a shard of glass, threatening to self-harm.

On June28, at Kirkcaldy rail station, he shouted, swore and made racial and homophobic comments towards police officers.

On the same day at the Victoria Hospital he assaulted, obstructed or hindered a paramedic, behaved aggressively, kicked at equipment in an ambulance and repeatedly urinated himself deliberately.

Depute fiscal Amy Robertson said the Kirkcaldy incident involved an ambulance being called to the rail station where Dixon had fallen and had a suspected head injury.

Dixon became aggressive, shouting at ambulance staff and police were contacted.

He was “foaming at the mouth” and spitting when he was speaking as a result. As a result, a spit-hood was put on him.

He called a paramedic a “ginger p****”, said the police were “white supremacist c****” and also shouted about “n******”.

He was taken to the Victoria Hospital, where he continued with his disruptive behaviour, struggled with police and kicked ambulance equipment.

Defence solicitor Elaine Buist said her client, a geologist now working as a supermarket delivery driver, holds “strong views about social injustice and the damage we’re doing to the earth and society”.

She added that he often became “frustrated about not being able to change the world into a better place”.

At a previous hearing, Ms Buist said her client had mental health and alcohol issues and “had fallen in Kirkcaldy after drinking a bottle of vodka before visiting his mother in a care home”.

For the latter incident, Sheriff Wylie Robertson imposed a community payback order with 160 hours of unpaid work and 14 months of supervision.

He deferred sentence on the other offences until January 25 for good behaviour and to monitor Dixon’s progress on his order.

The sheriff warned Dixon a jail sentence had been at the forefront of his considerations and, if the order was breached, he could expect to be heading into custody.