A woman was chased and bitten by a dog which jumped a fence in Cardenden.

In charge of the dog was 45-year-old Ross Armour, of Letham Hill Avenue, Hillend, who has appeared at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

He admitted that on April 24 last year at Dundonald Park, Cardenden, he was in charge of a dog, a German Shepherd cross breed, which was dangerously out of control.

It jumped over a fence into the street, pursued a woman, bit her leg, pulled her to the ground, jumped on her back, all to her injury and continued to pursue the woman into another garden.

He also admitted that on June 21 at Dundonald Park, Cardenden, and at the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, he acted in an aggressive manner and made threats of violence towards police officers.

Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf said the woman was walking from her home to local shops at around 2pm when she saw the dog in a front garden snarling and barking ferociously.

The dog then jumped over the fence and bit the woman on her left thigh and buttock, bringing her to the ground. She got away from the dog and hid behind a car before running across the road and jumping over a fence.

Armour eventually got hold of the dog and took it back into the house.

The woman went to hospital for treatment.

In the other incident, police were called at 2.50pm by a neighbour about Armour shouting. Officers arrived and could hear the shouting. They found Armour with cuts to his hands and he immediately became aggressive threatening officers.

He said he would “bite the nose right off” one of the officers.

He was then taken to the Victoria Hospital for treatment to his injuries.

Defence solicitor Alexander Flett said the dog belonged to Armour’s daughter at the time but was now with someone else. His client had been asked to look after it and it escaped.

He added: “He’s very apologetic. He knows the woman and has apologised to her personally. He doesn’t know who has the dog now.”

Of the other offence, Mr Flett said: “He’d been assaulted by two males. He had been drinking and was upset about being assaulted.”

Sheriff Francis Gill ordered Armour to pay £500 compensation to the woman who was bitten. He imposed a two-month restriction of liberty order for the incident with the police.