A FIRE broke out in the bedroom of a house in Dunfermline this evening. 

Smoke was reported as coming from a property on Shearer Square, off Jennie Rennie's Road and close to Dunfermline High School, around 5.30pm. 

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service sent three appliances to the scene and the crews managed to put the fire out. 

Thankfully no-one was hurt. 

A spokesperson told the Press that fire crews remain on the scene, carrying out salvage work, and that they had requested attendance from gas and electricity workers to ensure the supply network is safe.