PARS 2-2 Falkirk NEW signing Ryan Ferguson scored his first Dunfermline goal as the Pars played out an entertaining draw with Falkirk on Saturday.

The on-loan Dundee United midfielder had put Jim Jefferies' men ahead in this derby contest, but the visitors fought back to lead with just eight minutes to go before on-trial striker Kevin Buchan finished off an excellent counter attack to ensure matters ended level.

Jefferies handed Ferguson his first start up front alongside Ryan Thomson while there was a welcome return to the Pars side for centre back Callum Morris.

But the home side were immediately on the back foot and former Par Rory Loy, featuring for Falkirk as a trialist, almost put the Bairns ahead in the opening minutes as he rounded Michal Hrivnak but Morris raced back to clear from the line.

Both sides were keen to get the ball down and pass, but it was the Bairns' desire to play out from the back that led to them going behind on 14 minutes.

There appeared to be no danger with full-back Stephen Kingsley in possession, but his misplaced pass fell straight to Ferguson in the box, who rifled a shot high beyond Michael McGovern and into the net.

The Pars almost extended their lead a few minutes later as McGovern spilled a Ross Millen free-kick but Morris was unable to bundle the ball home.

And Falkirk took advantage as for the second successive match, Dunfermline conceded from a set-play. Lewis Martin had done brilliantly to chase down and tackle Bairns trialist Phil Roberts on the left but from the resulting corner, the Pars failed to pick up Roberts and he bundled the ball home from close range.

And Gary Holt's men pressed home their advantage seven minutes into the second half as Athletic again switched off defensively.

Josh Falkingham conceded a free-kick on the right hand side and quick thinking from Kieran Duffie caught the Pars rearguard cold as Connor McGrandles latched on to the pass to beat sub goalkeeper Ryan Scully.

Falkirk continued to press and Scully produced a fine one handed save to deny Blair Alston before Kingsley was unfortunate to head against the crossbar from the resulting corner.

But Buchan had the final say as he finished off an excellent move. Substitute Ryan Williamson picked the ball up deep inside his own half and he surged forward into the Bairns half and after finding Craig Dargo, the veteran slid Buchan in and he sent a right foot shot high into the top right hand corner of McGovern's net.