Dunfermline Athletic 2, Alloa Athletic 2.

DUNFERMLINE provided far too much New Year goodwill to their first visitors to East End Park in 2019.

The Pars had got the party started nicely and took a two goal lead in at half time however an early second half goal for their guests saw their energy fizzle away as well as their clutch of the three points.

Alan Johnston started with an unchanged eleven from last weekend’s match at Falkirk. There was only one change on the bench with Callum Smith, back from his loan spell at Arbroath, starting as sub in place of Malaury Martin.

Having started with a renewed confidence after picking up three points at Falkirk, Dunfermline looked in control of the first half and their quick passing and energy caused regular problems for the visitors.

Hippolyte was one of the major causes for concern for Alloa and he was unlucky not to do better after just eight minutes. Despite a heavy presence by the defenders, he brought the ball down under pressure but his snatched effort went over.

Athletic looked assured and their efforts were rewarded just before the 20 minute mark when Keena got the ball from around 25 yards out. He turned beautifully and whipped in a curled effort which left the Alloa keeper with no chance.

Alloa had their first real effort on goal within a minute and tried their own long shot, from Zanatta, but Robinson managed to save it and put it round for a corner.

The resulting set piece was cleared and eventually came to goalscorer Keena who put in a lovely cross across the box but this was cleared for a throw.

After the sublime first goal, the Pars were slightly fortuitous to double their lead after 28 minutes. Vincent out Hippolyte through who slipped the ball to Keena. Efforts to clear his zippy ball saw it hitting defender Flannigan and it rebounding over the line.

The home side continued their assured play and, at some stages, they provided a passing masterclass with not much input from their opposition.

Thomson and Higginbotham mastered the centre of the field and the combined effort gave Craigen space to whip in a dangerous cross just before half time but keeper Parry claimed the ball.

Alloa came out after the second half with a determination which caused immediate problems for the Pars.

After just four minutes, they had pulled the game back to 2-1 after finding their way past the previously untroubled Robinson.

A cross into Trouten who, after initial shock at finding himself in possession, managed to slot the ball past the Pars keeper.

Shell shocked Dunfermline did look like they may bounce back and continue what they had started in the first half and Keena looked dangerous soon after. He put a shot in from inside the box but this was not a problem for Parry.

He then tried to weave his way past the Alloa defenders and won a free kick on the edge of the box for his efforts but Hippolyte hit the set piece way over.

Having lost the energy and dominance which had been displayed in the first half, Pars fans were left fearing the worst and Alloa had another chance just before 70 mins when Trouten fired over from the edge of the box.

Robinson appeared to get his fingers to it to tip it over however referee Gavin Ross gave a goal kick.

It was nervy for the Pars fans soon later when Higginbotham had to clear a corner on the line.

He was involved in the attacking action in the closing minutes when he put Longridge through however he was unable to get through the Alloa defence and the ball went out for a corner.

When it looked like Dunfermline were going to cling onto the three points, the sucker blow came in the 92nd minute . Trouten picked up the ball in the box, turned and slotted the ball into the bottom corner past Robinson.

Dunfermline Robinson, Beadling, Longridge, Ashcroft, Devine, Craigen (Williamson), Vincent, Higginbotham, Hippolyte, Keena, Thomson.

Subs: Gill, Martin, Durnan, El Bakhtaoui, Smith, Muirhead.

Goals: Keena (18), Flanagan og (28)

Bookings: Devine

Alloa Athletic Parry, Taggart, Dick, Roscoe, Graham, Hetherington (Spence 85), Flannigan, Kirkpatrick (Burt 80), Trouten, Shields (Cawley 73), Zanatta.

Subs: Henry, Robertson, Brown, Aloulou.

Goals: Trouten (49, 92)

Bookings: Hetherington

Attendance: 4723

Referee: Gavin Ross