Alloa Athletic 0, Dunfermline Athletic 1.

A SINGLE second half goal proved to be enough again as Dunfermline continued their fight for a play off place.

It was also another clean sheet for manager of the month Stevie Crawford’s men which sent Alloa to the bottom of the table.

Loan star Bruce Anderson’s effort was enough to claim the three points in a match which provided few clear cut chances.

While it wasn’t a perfect performance for the Pars, the second half effort and dominance meant the victory was certainly deserved.

Dunfermline made two changes from the team that beat Queen of the South last weekend.

The Longridge brothers both came in in place of Ryan Williamson, who started on the bench, and the injured Aidan Connolly.

Dunfermline came out with all guns blazing, going on the attack immediately and winning a corner within the first minute.

They looked assured and in control and gave their part time opposition little chance to get into the game.

However the dominance didn’t bring with it many rewards and they struggled to produce anything clinical enough to even bring about a save.

It was the Wasps who were claiming for a penalty just before ten minutes after a Craigen challenge on Zanetta however referee Euan Anderson waved play on.

Kallum Higginbotham gave some hope just after the 26 minute when, frustrated with the failure to make inroads past their opposition in the box, he curled in a long range effort which went just over.

Hardworking Thomson whipped in a cross which Bruce Anderson tried to get near but ended up on the floor, with a half hearted penalty appeal, and the ball was cleared.

It was great work from Anderson just before half time who put in Higginbotham in the box but he was not able to get control and ball went out for a goal kick.

The second half provided more good link up play for the Pars and it was Ryan Blair who had the first sniff of goal but his long range shot was deflected out for a corner.

Dunfermline were eventually rewarded for their dominance on 52 minutes when a lovely cross from Thomson reached Anderson who coolly evaded his defender and slotted the ball past Neil Parry.

Buoyed by their goal, they went close again minutes later when some impressive play from Jackson Longridge put in Anderson again however he couldn’t turn this time and the ball was cleared.

Alloa could have brought themselves back in it just after 60 minutes when a rare attack resulted in a goalmouth scramble which ended in Louis Longridge heading the ball off the line.

The home team had another chance just over five minutes later when they drove into the box however Scully was on hand to palm the ball round for a corner.

Ashcroft had to take action on 74 minutes when an Alloa attack came dangerously close however he headed the ball out for a corner.

Late sub Hippolyte laid off the ball to Beadling, who teed up Louis Longridge in the closing minutes but his shot went into the arms of the Alloa goalkeeper.

Alloa Athletic

Parry, Taggart, Dick, Roscoe, Graham, Hetherington, Hamilton (Kirkpatrick 58), Trouten (Aitchison 78), Flannigan, Zanatta, Shields (Cawley 83).

Subs: Robertson, Brown, Peggie, Henry

Dunfermline Athletic Scully, Longridge, Ashcroft, Higginbotham (Vincent 75), Beadling, Longridge, Anderson (Hippolyte 83), Devine, Thomson, Craigen, Blair.

Subs: Williamson, Durnan, Gill, Todd, Muirhead.

Goals: Anderson (52)

Referee: Euan Anderson

Attendance: 1730