Partick Thistle 0, Dunfermline Athletic 3.

IT WAS sunshine in Maryhill as Dunfermline stung Partick Thistle to secure their first league win of the season.

Despite a nervy start, two first half goals - along with one early on in the second half - were enough to get Stevie Crawford’s men off the bottom of the table.

With manager-less Thistle now the only team not to have won a match, the three points were enough to get Athletic up to seventh spot.

Two changes were made to the team which had suffered defeat against Inverness last weekend.

Beadling and McCann started on the bench with Dow and McGill coming in.

Things looked slightly ominous for Dunfermline as the first half started. The home team enjoyed much of the early possession and caused problems down both sides though Zanatta and Kakay as well as former Par Joe Cardle.

However Dunfermline’s first attack provided some rays of hope. Dow’s chipped cross came to Nisbet but he couldn’t get enough power on his header to cause any problems for goalkeeper Fox.

Kenny Miller could have put his team in front just before 15 minutes when he turned quickly and shot from just inside the box but his shot was over and wide.

But it was DUnfermline who snatched the lead, somewhat against the run of play,  when a Comrie cross found Nisbet who drove his low shot into the goal.

Spurred on by their goal, Dunfermline stepped up a gear and started to relax and it was their turn to control play. Good work by Dow won them a corner and a Nisbet volley rattled the crossbar.

Dunfermline doubled their lead on 31 minutes when Dow went on a mazy run outside the box. He looked like he was going to pass but he just kept going and coolly drove the ball past the Jags keeper.

Gill was called into action shortly before half time when the lively Zanetta whipped in a cross which caused chaos in the box. Already on the floor, the man between the Dunfermline sticks got his fingers to the ball to clear it to safety.

Gabby McGill made way for Lewis McCann after the break and Dunfermline made it three within five minutes.

The ball came out to Turner who blasted in a screamer which took a deflection and rocketed into the back of the net.

Nisbet had the chance to make it four on 73 minutes but his effort went wide.

With Pars keen to ensure a clean sheet, the game slowed down and late chances were few and far between.

Thistle’s captain McGinty powered through to the byline on the 77th minute but it came to nothing while Lewis McCann had a long range shot go over minutes later.

With two minutes left on the clock, Tommy Robson delivered an effort from outside the box but it went safely over.

Partick Thistle: Fox, Penrice, O’Ware, McGinty, Cardle (De Vita 56), Bannigan, Miller, Cole, Gordon (Mansell 45), Zanatta (Robson 79), Kakay.

Subs: Sneddon, Williamson, Palmer, Saunders.

Dunfermline Athletic: Gill, Comrie, Martin, Ashcroft, McGill (McCann 45), Dow (Beadling 61), Turner, Nisbet, Paton, Edwards, Kiltie (Cochrane 78).

Subs: Scully, Ryan, Morrison, Coley.

Goals: Nisbet (22), Dow (31), Turner (49).

Referee: Euan Anderson

Attendance: 2820