Alloa Athletic 1 PARS 4 

KEVIN O'Hara emerged from the bench to grab a second-half hat-trick as Dunfermline made it two wins from two in the Championship.

Ryan Dow had put them ahead early before Kevin Cawley levelled matters right before the interval.

It didn't take very long for the Pars to hit the front as Dow grabbed his second of the season. While his finish against Inverness last week was a poacher's effort, today's was a well-timed run and dribble past the goalkeeper. Fraser Murray's ball through the middle found the advancing Dow who ran beyond Willison and tucked home from a tight angle on the right-edge of the box on six minutes.

Willlison almost gifted the Pars a chance at the second not long after but his intercepted pass on the edge of the box came to nothing.

Alloa responded and would go on to control the first half, recycling possession neatly and dealing with Pars counter-attacks.

They had a penalty shout on 15 minutes when Alan Trouten went down under pressure around the spot. Ref Don Robertson was unmoved by the home side's calls.

Both sides had chances as the half continued with Dow going close again for Dunfermline. He forced a save from Willison who drew the anger of his defenders by parrying it wide when it looked easier to catch it.

Alloa were calling for a penalty again on 38 minutes as the ball appeared to strike a Pars hand but, once again, Don Robertson did not point to the spot.

Peter Grant's men did level before half-time and did so with a perfect header from Kevin Cawley. There was nothing Owain Fon Williams could do as Innes Murray's delivery was perfect for the forward who guided the ball over the Pars stopper and into the corner of the net with seconds left in the first half. Dunfermline should have cleared well before the cross came in and Stevie Crawford will have been disappointed to concede such an easy goal before the interval.

On the balance of play, it is probably what the hosts deserved with Dunfermline inviting pressure on themselves throughout the opening 45 minutes.

They did have a good chance to go ahead for the second time in the match shortly after the break as Steven Whittaker received the ball with acres of space inside the box. He rifled a drive towards goal but Alloa got bodies in the way too clear.

An enforced change in the defence had to be made on 51 minutes as Lewis Mayo replaced Paul Watson.

Alloa went close twice on 55 minutes as Robert Thomson and Alan Trouten went close. Thomson was first to threaten from a header which was palmed away and Trouten's half-volley on the rebound was saved by a relieved Fon Williams.

Despite Alloa's promise going forward it was a defensive mistake which gave Pars their second of the afternoon.

Kevin O'Hara's first touch from the bench was perfect as he raced onto a poor header back to his keeper from Jon Robertson and, from eight yards out, lifted it over the advancing Willison with a classy lob that just fell beneath the bar on 67 minutes.

He would get his second ten minutes later as McManus fed him in the inside left channel and, after riding a challenge from Robertson, O'Hara curled the ball into the far corner with ease on 77 minutes.

He almost made it a hat-trick but his low drive struck the left post on 83 minutes.

That hat-trick would be had though as after Kyle Turner was brought down in the box by Edin Lynch, O'Hara stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way from twelve yards.

Pars: Fôn Williams: Comrie, E.Murray, Watson (Mayo 51'), Edwards: Dow (O'Hara 66'), Wilson (Turner 71'), Whittaker, Thomas: F.Murray, McManus.

Subs: Gill, McCann, Fenton, McInroy.

Goals: Dow (6'), O'Hara (67', 77', 90')

Alloa: Willison: Robertson, Taggart, Lynch, Dick: I.Murray, Grant: Cawley, Trouten, Connelly (Scougall): Thomson.

Subs: Wilson, Graham, Buchanan, Brown, Malcolm, O'Donnell.

Goal: Cawley (46')

Referee: Don Robertson