Inverness CT 1 PARS 1

KYLE TURNER'S first goal of the season wasn't enough for victory as Dunfermline were forced to settle for a point in the Highlands tonight.

The in-form midfielder, named as the SPFL Championship's November Player of the Month earlier this month, shot his side into a 23rd minute lead at Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

That had put the Pars on course for just a third win in 18 league visits to the Caledonian Stadium, but Miles Storey's spectacular leveller midway through the second half secured a point for John Robertson's side.

It means that Stevie Crawford's team remain unbeaten on the road, with five draws from six outings, and leaves them on 19 points ahead of Saturday's derby at home to Raith Rovers.

While Inverness were idle on Boxing Day - their match at Greenock Morton falling victim to the weather - Athletic were busy securing a first win in four league fixtures thanks to Kevin O'Hara's last minute winner.

His heroics from the bench saw him brought into the starting line-up, as were Aaron Comrie, Kerr McInroy and Lewis McCann.

Declan McManus, Steven Whittaker, Ryan Dow and Dom Thomas all dropped to the bench for the visitors, who started positively in the first half.

A Turner free-kick brought a sniff of a chance for the Pars early on when his delivery into the penalty box was headed away by the home defence, eventually falling to Iain Wilson, whose driving run to the byline and cross was knocked wide at the near post by Euan Murray.

Midway through the half, Dunfermline took the lead and it was a fine finish by the former Stranraer player.

McCann enjoyed the break of the ball and fired it across goal from the right, which eventually fell for Lewis Mayo.

His shot was blocked but, by moving it on to his left, Turner sent a fine, curling shot out of the reach of Mark Ridgers into the bottom right corner of the net.

It was just reward for a good start by Dunfermline, but they had the bar to thank just two minutes later when Shane Sutherland was denied with a header from Cameron Harper's centre.

At the other end, Turner had a deflected effort held by Ridgers - even though the visitors might have had a foul in a threatening position earlier in the move - and they might've gone 2-0 up on the half hour.

McCann didn't properly connect with a Wilson cross but McInroy did, but could only send the ball wide.

The game was flowing from end to end and a poor pass back towards his own goal by Josh Edwards was seized upon by Sutherland, who advanced forward before shooting from distance, only for Owain Fon Williams to palm the ball over the bar.

Another opportunity for the Pars was created by McCann who, after doing well to win the ball from his opponent on the right, drove into the box and fired the ball low towards the back post looking for O'Hara, but ex-Par Brad McKay did well to clear.

McInroy did well to rob Miles Storey of possession inside the Caley half down the left as the clock ticked towards half-time, and released O'Hara, but his left foot effort was held by Ridgers.

Home boss John Robertson replaced Aaron Doran - who had suffered a head knock in a challenge with Comrie - with Kai Kennedy at the break, and although McCann saw a deflected shot saved, Inverness began to look more of a threat.

Sean Welsh fired well wide after being teed up by James Vincent but, at the other end, McInroy passed up an opportunity to shoot while in a good position at the edge of the box.

He tried to find O'Hara, but was blocked, although Dunfermline did keep the ball alive and O'Hara did get a shot away, which was deflected for a corner.

Crawford made his first alteration in 66 minutes, sending Dow on for McInroy, but seconds later they conceded the equaliser.

From McKay's throw in, Storey, on the turn, sent a superb left-footer from the edge of the box flying beyond the helpless Fon Williams into the top corner to bring Inverness level.

McManus was soon called for, replacing McCann, as Crawford looked to try and get his team back on the front foot but, while both teams pushed, neither fashioned enough of a clear opportunity.

Wilson sent a looping header onto the roof of the net for the Pars and, although they had some opportunities to create something from a set piece, the hosts held firm and both sides had to settle for a point.

Inverness: Ridgers, McKay, Devine, Deas, Harper, Allardyce, Vincent, Doran (Kennedy 45), Welsh, Sutherland (D.MacKay 88), Storey (Todorov 85).

Subs not used: Duffy, Macgregor, Carson, C.MacKay.

Goal: Storey (66).

Booked: Welsh (64), McKay (87), D.MacKay (90).

Pars: Fon Williams, Comrie, Watson, E.Murray, Edwards, Mayo, Turner, Wilson, McInroy (Dow 66), McCann (McManus 69), O'Hara (80).

Subs not used: Whittaker, F.Murray, Berry, Gill.

Goal: Turner (23).

Booked: Turner (90).

Referee: Euan Anderson.