Hearts 0

IT was honours even at East End Park as Dunfermline bounced back from Tuesday's derby defeat to hold league leaders Hearts.

Stevie Crawford made four changes to the side that were battered by Raith Rovers on Tuesday night.

Gaspuitis came in for his first Pars start, with the Lithuanian international taking Lewis Mayo's place in defence with the on-loan Rangers man moving into midfield to partner up with Iain Wilson. The rangy midfielder came in to replace Kerr McInroy who dropped to the bench.

Dom Thomas was back into the side as well in place of Ewan Henderson. Thomas would start on the left with Scott Banks on the right.

Craig Wighton couldn't play against his parent club, so Declan McManus partnered Kevin O'Hara.

O'Hara's goal on Tuesday night against Raith Rovers was one of, if not the only, positive to come from the Fife Derby humiliation.

The opening stages of this one were slow but it was the rapid running of Scott Banks which almost prompted the opener.

Declan McManus sent him clean through with just Craig Gordon to beat but the on-loan midfielder dragged wide with the majority of the goal to aim for on 18 minutes. It was a glorious chance that should have end with the net bursting.

McManus was proving to be a livewire and he freed O'Hara once more on 32 minutes. Banks and O'Hara both made great runs, but it was the latter who received it and went with his right-foot. He drilled past the far post with Gordon beaten.

Nearly five minutes later it was O'Hara who threatened but his effort in the box was tipped wide by Gordon at his near post after more good work from McManus.

Josh Edwards was next to benefit from O'Hara's creativity as the defender ran onto a neat pass and lashed an effort just past the post on 37 minutes.


The second half started in a frantic fashion with both Dunfermline and Hearts going close.

Vytas Gaspuitis nearly marked his first Pars start with his first goal just minutes after the restart.

A wicked delivery from a corner was met flush by the Lithuanian international and his header from 12 yards out smacked off the bar.

At the other end, Hearts then had a corner of their own and Peter Haring squandered a great chance to put his team ahead but he skewed wide his volley after stretching to meet the ball in.

A man of Liam Boyce's quality ought to have opened the scoring moments later as he headed Gary Mackay-Steven's perfect delivery straight at Fon Williams from six yards out. A great save from the Welshman, but the Northern Irishman should have scored.

With a couple of minutes left on the clock Euan Murray's goalbound header blocked on the line by Gordon's outstretched left leg.

That would be the last real chance of the game as neither side could find the winner.


PARS: Fon Williams, Comrie, E.Murray, Gaspuitis, Edwards: Banks, Wilson, Mayo, Thomas: McManus, O'Hara.

Subs: Gill, Macdonald, Henderson, McCann, Allan, F.Murray and McInroy.

Hearts: Gordon, Logan, Halkett, Smith, White: E.Henderson, Haring, McEneff, Irving, Mackay-Steven: Boyce.

Subs: Stewart, Souttar, Walker, Gnanduillet, Naismith, Popescu, McGill.

Referee: Colin Steven.