Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 1 Crossgates Primrose 1, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

PRIMROSE boss Alan Campbell felt his team's draw at Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale on Saturday was a fair result.

The Humbug Park outfit picked up their first point in three Premier Division outings in the capital, but had put themselves in position to collect all three.

In a match that saw Paul Brown make his 50th appearance for the club, a fine team goal, converted by Cammy Muirhead, gave Crossgates a deserved first half lead.

However, two minutes after the break, Ben Viola pulled the hosts level, earning them a share of the spoils.

Campbell, who admitted that he couldn't see their previous week's loss to Thornton Hibs, in the East of Scotland League, League Cup, second round, coming before a "daft 15 minutes" towards the end of the game, commented: "We played really well in the first half and had control of the game.

"We went one up, with a really good team goal, and I expected us to carry that on in the second half, but we lost a goal a minute or two after half-time. The boys cut inside and smacked one into the top corner; there's nothing you can do about that.

"We kind of lost the momentum we had in the first half. Later on, we had a couple of great chances to win, but, over the course, a draw was probably a fair result. They had a lot of the play in the second half.

"The first half was really good; the second half could've been better."

Tynecastle 2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

CRAIG MORRISON admitted to feeling "a wee bit disappointed" after the Swifts fell to defeat at Tynecastle.

The visitors, beaten at Penicuik Athletic in the League Cup last time out, went in search of a second successive league win, but fell behind early in the second half to Ryan Cameron's close-range finish.

Lewis Hynd's speculative effort just before the hour mark went through the home goalkeeper's hands and into the net for Swifts' leveller, but Fletcher Hendry's looping 64th minute header won the points for Tynecastle.

Head coach Morrison felt his team were dominant in the opening period, and reflected: "We needed to be more clinical in the final third and in and around the box.

"At half-time, I thought we were more than comfortable, and the only thing that was missing was a goal. One thing we need to learn is that, when we're in the ascendency, we need to put the ball in the net.

"It wasn't what we were looking for. We were looking for the three points, but we'll take the lessons learned from the game, and apply them going forward.

"In this league, it's fine margins. Every game is tight.

"We need to be more clinical in the final third. We should've been out of sight by half-time."

Penicuik Athletic 2 Oakley United 0, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

OAKLEY UNITED lost their second successive league game on Saturday as Penicuik Athletic collected the points.

Peter Goldie's visitors, who visited neighbours Hill of Beath Hawthorn on Tuesday evening, where they lost 2-1, despite Bruce McAdam's goal, held their opponents until the final 20 minutes, when Cammy Fraser stroked home the opener after a low ball was played into his path.

Calum Elliot's side made sure of their victory in the final minute, when Jack Furness struck a superb free-kick into the top corner, leaving the Blairwood Park side second bottom of the table and looking all-but certain to make an immediate return to the First Division.

Rosyth 2 Preston Athletic 1, East of Scotland League, First Division

ROSYTH picked up their fourth successive victory in all competitions after what their boss said was a "well deserved" success over Preston Athletic.

Greig Denham's side fell behind after 19 minutes after Jamie Devlin scored for the visitors, but, after a Callum Strang free-kick was turned home by an opponent after the break, Tam Hampson was on hand to net the winner.

"It was a good win and a well deserved three points as well," Denham said.

"We played really well and, even to go 1-0 down, I thought was against the run of play. We had numerous shots in the first half, their keeper's had a couple of really good saves, so we were the team that were chapping on the door.

"They've scored against the run of play, which we're disappointed with, but to come back second half, and to score two goals in the second half, I thought it was well deserved and it was a great three points for us.

"We said at half time to keep playing the way we'd been playing, and the chances would come. That's what certainly happened. We changed one or two things in the second half, changed the formation slightly – it seemed to help us when we played two up against their three, which caused them problems in the second half, and I think people watching the game would say the better team won on the day.

"I'm delighted with the three points. We move on, and our focus is on Newtongrange on Saturday now."

Saturday's fixtures (kick offs 2.30pm unless stated): East of Scotland League, Premier Division: Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Penicuik Athletic (2pm), Crossgates Primrose v Haddington Athletic, Oakley United v Dundonald Bluebell. First Division: Newtongrange Star v Rosyth.