Crossgates Primrose 0 Broxburn Athletic 4, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

PRIMROSE boss Alan Campbell said he "couldn't be prouder" of his players despite their campaign ending in defeat.

Crossgates, playing their seventh match in just three weeks, were beaten by Broxburn Athletic at Humbug Park in a match that saw them suffer three injuries – Finn Graham, Darren Aitken and Neil Lawrie well all forced off – in the first half, having gone into it with eight players out.

A tough schedule, caused by postponements during the winter period, has caught up with Campbell's team, who were a goal behind at half-time in this one thanks to Calum Heath's strike.

Two quick-fire goals from Heath and Brownlie early in the second half, followed by Craig Henderson's late effort, sealed victory for the visitors, but Campbell said: "We faced a pretty impossible situation on Saturday.

"We were severely depleted – the schedule that we had totally caught up with us. We had seven players unavailable through injury, and Craig Reid suspended, so it was very difficult.

"It's not the end to the season that we wanted, but it's been a bit of an ask of the players over the last 5-6 weeks, and they have given everything. I couldn't be prouder of them or their efforts."

He added: "Finishing this season has motivated me more than ever to get better.

"At Christmas time, we were sitting second in the table, and was a true reflection of where we were, and then we tailed off."

Musselburgh Athletic 7 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 0, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

DEPLETED Swifts brought their season to a close with a heavy defeat to Musselburgh Athletic at Olivebank.

In he and his management team's final match in charge, Craig Morrison was without six regulars and travelled with a squad of 16 players, before losing another two in the warm-up.

The 90 minutes against the East Lothian side, who finished third in the table, proved to be a step too far for the West Fifers, who found themselves five goals down at the interval.

Nathan Evans, Liam Reid and a Jordan Smith hat-trick – including a penalty – put the three points beyond doubt by the break, before Ben Weekes, and Smith with his fourth of the afternoon, completed the scoring.

"We were depleted beyond belief," Morrison noted.

"If we had our strongest team available, or close to it, then we could've gone there and had a go, but we were completely outplayed. To be fair, the boys didn't get overly frustrated, and worked hard right up until the final whistle.

"From when we came in, and it's a young squad and an able squad, as individuals and as a group, they've grown throughout the season."

Oakley United 2 Vale of Leithen 1, East of Scotland League, Premier Division

PETER GOLDIE believes that there are positives for Oakley United to take into next season after they ended a tough campaign on a high.

The team, who were relegated to the First Division after just one season following their championship success last year, defeated the only side to place below them for only their second win in 30 league matches.

Manager Goldie, in his first season in the dugout, has watched the Blairwood Park outfit struggle throughout the season, but, watched by a number of kids involved within the club's youth section, they ended it well.

Scott Bruce gave them an early lead before Bruce Mcadam, who ended as their top goalscorer, extended their advantage just before the interval.

Although Callum Mitchell scored from inside his own half for the visitors with 13 minutes to go, Oakley picked up the three points, and Goldie said: "In our last six games, we've had five or six under-20s in the starting line-up. That's the encouraging thing, as they will be a big part of the team.

"They've done themselves proud, and we've had a couple of decent results. The win on Saturday topped it off.

"I've tried to keep positive throughout the season, but it has been a challenging season. If we had a fully-fit squad for the whole season, we would've competed better.

"There are plenty of positives to take. It's also a year under my belt, and I know where we need to strengthen.

"It's great that the village is behind us. The weather was fantastic, and it was good to get a result, and finish the season with a win."

Glenrothes 1 Rosyth 4, East of Scotland League, First Division; Bo'ness Athletic 4 Rosyth 3, East of Scotland League, League Cup, quarter-final

ROSYTH saw their hopes of reaching the League Cup semi-finals end on Tuesday night after losing a seven-goal thriller at Bo'ness Athletic.

Greig Denham's side, who went into the game after a resounding 4-1 success at Glenrothes in the league on Saturday, recovered from two goals down to level, and again from 3-2 down, before Kelty Hearts bound Tiwi Daramola bagged the decisive goal.

Boosted by their win against the Glens, who have been promoted to the Premier Division, Rosyth started strongly against the runaway Third Division winners, but Ryan Robertson and Daramola saw them fall two goals behind inside the opening half-an-hour.

However, two goals inside three minutes from Chris Aikamhenze and Ryan McDonald hauled the visitors level, only for Dylan Paterson to restore the Bo'ness lead before the break.

Ten minutes into the second half, though, Zac Mooney levelled again for Rosyth, but Daramola had the final say with 12 minutes to go.

Denham, who felt his team were denied two strong claims for a spot-kick during the match, said: "We're disappointed to lose the game.

"I thought that they scored against the run of play. In the first 20 minutes, we started strongly, but the character we showed to come back, against a side who are in a false division with the backing they've got, and pull it back to 2-2, was great.

"When we got it back to 3-3, we were in the ascendency, causing them problems, and their goalkeeper makes a great save down to his left from Tam Hampson.

"I thought the very least we deserved was for the game to go to extra-time. We wish Bo'ness Athletic good luck in the semi-final."

Saturday's fixture: East of Scotland League, First Division: Rosyth v Kennoway Star Hearts (2.30pm).