MICHAEL TIDSER said that the visiting dressing room was "like a morgue" after Kelty Hearts came close to stunning the League One champions.

But the New Central Park player / manager spoke of the pride he had in his players after they picked up a point at Falkirk, which kept their unlikely pursuit of a promotion play-off place alive.

Whilst a 17th minute red card for Bairns centre back Coll Donaldson, who caught Alfie Bavidge with a boot to the face, undoubtedly had a major impact on how an absorbing 90 minutes played out, it's unlikely any team have dominated as much against John McGlynn's outfit this season than Kelty did at the Falkirk Stadium.

Twice in the first half they came from behind to square the game and, in the second, luck wasn't quite on their side to grab what would have been a deserved victory.

Bavidge struck the bar with a well-taken volley, Jason Thomson had a net-bound header brilliantly cleared from the line by Dylan Tait, and home keeper, Nicky Hogarth, produced a fine block to deny Lewis Moore.

There was a sense amongst the visiting camp that it was one that got away, although the draw moved them to within three points of Montrose, who sit fourth and in the final promotion play-off slot, before they go head-to-head on Saturday.

"It's a good point. In there it was like a morgue," Tidser said.

"Honestly, there was no music on, boys were sitting flat on their backside, and I said to my assistant Geordie (Kevin McDonald), look at this, we've just came to a team that's not been beaten all season, regardless of 10 men.

"I touched on that in my speech after it. We came here and dominated them, absolutely dominated them. I know they were trying to hit us on the break, but it shows how far we've come."

Falkirk were looking to continue their bid to go through their successful season unbeaten in the league, and made the perfect start when Calvin Miller netted from close range after Kyle Gourlay had parried Callumn Morrison's shot.

The momentum of the contest though swung the way of Kelty when Donaldson, in attempting to win the ball ahead of Bavidge, caught his opponent with a high boot, for which referee, Grant Irvine, immediately produced a red card.

Dunfermline Press: Alfie Bavidge struck the bar and was felled for Coll Donaldson's red card.Alfie Bavidge struck the bar and was felled for Coll Donaldson's red card. (Image: David Wardle.)

Although McGlynn felt it was "a complete accident", he said he could understand why the ref sent the defender off and admitted his team's game plan thereafter was to sit off and try and catch their opponents on the counter-attack.

Miller was sacrificed as full back, Leon McCann was sent on as a substitute but instead of shoring the Bairns up he handed Kelty a bizarre equaliser with 25 minutes on the clock.

He attempted to find Hogarth with a back pass but, with the keeper not where the ball was played, it ended up in the back of the net - one for the bloopers reel.

There had been opportunities at both ends and, just after the half-hour mark, the crowd saw two goals within a minute.

The first saw Falkirk retake the lead through Morrison who, after receiving a lay-off from Ross MacIver, netted from six yards, despite Gourlay's attempts to keep it out.

The visitors came up with an immediate riposte.

Craig Johnston did well to chest down a long ball towards the Bairns penalty area and into the path of skipper Reece Lyon who, 18 yards out, ran on to it and fired home first time via Hogarth's right-hand post.

Dunfermline Press: Reece Lyon scored Kelty's second at the Falkirk Stadium.Reece Lyon scored Kelty's second at the Falkirk Stadium. (Image: David Wardle.)

After the interval, Kelty were the dominant side, with Bavidge watching his first-time volley strike the goal frame, before Thomson and Moore were denied, whilst substitute, Ross Cunningham, sent a stoppage time free-kick over.

"It shows how far we've come. We've come to Falkirk, they're unbeaten and we're going away with a point disappointed," Lyon commented.

"Regardless of 10 men or not, I sometimes feel it's more difficult to break down 10 men than it is 11 men, because they keep it nice and narrow, especially a team like Falkirk. They're very organised.

"The boys are disappointed we've not come away with three points."

Tidser added: "We're always competitive against Falkirk. I know they beat us 5-1 then 1-0 (at home), and then they beat us here as well, but I think they probably looked at this game and thought 'Kelty's not easy'.

"Big Coll (Donaldson) getting sent off has probably changed the game, but I thought we were starting to come into it then. As I say, it's just unfortunate, but the lads have been first class for us and I'm super proud of every one of them.

"I emphasised at half-time that you can't switch off. Even if you think you're in secure possession, that's when you're at your most vulnerable, with the turnovers. They were quick.

"Obviously Alfie (Agyeman) comes on (for Falkirk) at the end, Cal Morrison, arguably the best player in the league, really quick, MacIver's a threat, (Aidan) Nesbitt - they've got good players all over the park. That's why they're champions, but we knew we could stand up to it.

"Obviously going down to 10 has killed them, but we've more than matched them and, I'm sure you would agree, we should've won the game. It's just unfortunate we couldn't."