Pars 2 Forfar 2 

Michael Moffat hit a double for the League One champions as they twice came from behind to deny Forfar. 

But the striker twice missed a penalty in the last seconds in a crazy end to the game that saw Tam O'Brien sent off for complaining about the award and pushing the ref. 

Allan Johnston rang the changes and the biggest news was the return of Ryan Williamson, who has been out injured with a broken leg since the match at Forfar in August. 

Lewis Martin also returned to the defence after a long lay-off while ex-Hibs man Conner Duthie and Scott Robinson both made their first starts and top scorer Faissal El Bakhtaoui was given a rest. 

Understandably, the new look team took time to settle and Forfar, who had lost 15 goals to the Pars in the previous four meetings, looked threatening. 

They took the lead in the 13th minute when Gavin Swankie smashed a free kick low and hard into the left hand corner of Sean Murdoch's net. 

Dunfermline had come close with a Michael Paton effort that swerved just wide of the post and they were level in the 32nd minute after a fine piece of skill from Michael Moffat. 

He collected Ryan Wallace's pass, quickly switched the ball inside his marker and slipped the ball expertly past Darren Hill. 

Back on top, there were some anxious moments for the Loons with Wallace slamming a volley into the turf and the bouncing ball was headed away by Gareth Rodger while Tam O'Brien was mightily relieved when he sliced Williamson's cross over his own bar. 

Forfar responded, Andy Ryan forced Murdoch into a decent one handed stop and the keeper had to look smart to hold onto a deflected effort from the striker. 

The visitors, who are still trying to stave off the threat of relegation, went in front again in the 50th minute but it was cruel luck for Pars defender Martin. 

He slid in to make a goal saving tackle, with Steven Craig just waiting to tap in Ryan's low cross, but the ball rebounded kindly and Ryan steadied himself before rifling a shot high into the net. 

Pars fans shouted for a penalty moments later as Moffat met Duthie's low delivery and tried to pass it into the net but it hit a grounded Scott Martin on the back, possibly on the arm too, but ref Craig Charleston wasn't interested. 

Moffat missed a sitter after clever link up play between Wallace and Williamson saw the right back advance into the box. His cut back looked perfect but, to be fair to the striker, the ball did bobble before he hooked it high into the Norrie. 

The striker made amends on the hour mark when he was in the right place at the right time. McCabe hammered a free kick from almost 30 yards and although it evaded the wall it looked too straight to beat Hill. 

The keeper weakly parried the ball straight to Moffat who calmly passed it first time into the net. 

It was all Dunfermline as they pushed for the winning goal. They forced a series of corners and kept probing on the edge of the penalty box, trying to unlock the Loons defence. 

Williamson, Martin and Robinson got better and better as the game wore on and although the points mean little for the champions, there were plenty in a black and white jersey playing for a new contract. 

Wallace worked a good opening before thumping the ball way too high and Brad McKay thought he'd won it with six minutes left when he headed home from a corner but the ref penalised him for a push. 

Williamson received a standing ovation when he made way for Craig Reid and Dunfermline blew a great chance to win the match in the last seconds. 

O'Brien shoved over McKay and was sent off for complaining about the spot kick and pushing the ref. Moffat booted the first kick into the stand but the ref ordered it to be retaken after Forfar encroached into the box. 

The second one, with a hat-trick there for the taking, Moffat sent the ball crashing off the post.