A PUB in Dunfermline city centre will be closed "until further notice" after a fire last night (Friday). 

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service were called to a blaze on the first floor of the Monarch Bar, on James Street, around 7.45pm. 

The pub was hosting a charity fundraiser at the time, for the Scottish SPCA, and three fire appliances were sent to the scene. 

Crews used a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus to get the situation under control. 

A post on the Monarch Bar Facebook page said: "Our karaoke and casino fundraising event for the Scottish SPCA was cut short tonight, due to a small fire, quickly extinguished and everyone is safe.

"Unfortunately we will be closed until further notice. We will keep you posted on updates."

Last night the fire service confirmed the fire had started on the first floor and a spokesperson had added: "All persons were accounted for and there were no casualties."

It was the second fire in Dunfermline last night as the service had earlier attended a house fire in Shearer Square, off Jennie Rennie's Road.