A Dunfermline pub has reopened after a fire.

The Monarch Bar, situated in the city’s James Street, had to close after a blaze broke out on its first floor on Friday evening.

Three appliances attended and firefighters used a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus after the alarm was raised around 7.40pm.

At the time the business was hosting a charity fundraiser for the Scottish SPCA which was cut short as a result of the incident.

Thankfully there were no casualties. 

READ MORE: Update after poisonous plants found at Dunfermline path used by schoolkids

The venue is back open for business, although the upstairs is still currently closed.

A post on the Monarch Bar Facebook page yesterday said: “The bar is open for business today, upstairs is still currently closed.

“Thanks to everyone for their messages and support. We will get upstairs ready for everyone as soon as possible.”